Classical Acting for Trained Actors in Theatre
A training course for professional and amateur actors and drama students which:
- grounds them in classical theatre technique through their involvement with the theatre company and partly through specialized classes
- develops actors’ understanding of classical works by providing background knowledge of the artistic, intellectual and aesthetic values behind the plays
Little Classics: Introduction to Classical Acting for Children
A drama course for young people aged 7-17 which focuses on classical theatre and has the added benefit of building confidence, presentation skills and enhances literary skills and personal development.
What the children will get from Little Classics acting course:
- 3-hour weekly sessions with no more than 10 children
- End of term show in a reputable venue so parents can see the work done. Depending on the groups, we might put on a full version of a play, however, abbreviated in order to fit our cast.
- Good costumes and excellent rehearsing times so they’re proud of showing you their work and they get an idea of what professional performing conditions are.
- the intervention of professional actors, scholars, text and movement specialists to help them along the way.
- The possibility to attend Little Spaniel’s professional rehearsals
- Possible participation in Little Spaniel Theatre’s main productions
- For parents: discount on tickets to Little Spaniel’s Productions
Each class is organized as follows:
- Warm up (body & voice)
- Introduction to a classical scene or play through a story-telling session, games, singing and dancing, historical & literary perspective
- Character building
- Improvisation work on the themes of the story
- A read through and staging of a chosen scene (over two weeks)